Blalock & Blalock, P.C. | Birmingham, Alabama
Toll Free: (800) 433-3352

Contact Mike at Blalock & Blalock, P.C. at (205) 823-8088 to go over other important factors such as statute of limitations questions, questions about when you should begin to receive benefits after an injury and what is involved in filing a Worker's Compensation claim in order to protect your future medical rights and your right to permanent or total disability.


I. Some important things to do if:
    A. You are injured on your job;
    B. You develop a repetitive motion or cumulative trauma type injury due to the type of work you do;

--Immediately report a specific injury to your supervisor.

--Let your supervisor know that your job on a job task is causing you to develop pain in your neck, hands, elbows, etc.

 --If the employer fails to get you to a doctor, go to your family doctor and tell the family doctor exactly what hurts and when it started hurting and what caused the pain. Be specific.

--Notify your employer's Worker's Compensation carrier of your injury and your desire for immediate medical treatment. Be specific.

--Make a list of the names and addresses of any witnesses to your accident or if it is a repetitive motion or cumulative trauma type injury, list the names and addresses of co-workers that do the same or similar type work.

 --Make sure you know your average weekly wage rate including the cost of any benefits (medical insurance, etc.) paid for by your employer for you.

--Keep a record of your mileage to and from the doctor, hospital or physical therapy.